August 12, 2005

Preview of a podcast team.

I'm working on a podcasting project with two of my colleagues. We had a trial run the other day, testing out the equipment and the style of interaction. We're not going to post our overlong first attempt, but here's a sample:
A: Are we interested in the fact that the Rolling Stones are writing a song that's insulting Condi Rice?

G: I saw that.

A: I think they’re just trying to get their tour going.

G: You think it’s just publicity?

A: The Rolling Stones and political songs? Some of their songs were political, weren’t they? Anything come to mind as being a distinctive Rolling Stones political song?

G: I don’t remember the Rolling Stones being particularly political. Jumpin’ Jack Flash? No. “I can’t get no satisfaction.” I don’t know.

A: Yeah. “Crossfire hurricane” – is that a military term? What is that, anyway?

G: So you think they’re just trying to sell records?... They’ve got a new album coming out too. [To X:] Are you a Rolling Stones fan?

X: Not particularly. But if there’s money to be made in insulting Condi Rice, I’d like to, uh, get in on some of that.

1 comment:

Roger Sweeny said...

"Sweet Black Angel" tried to make a hero out of Angela Davis.