January 22, 2006

Audible Althouse #33.

Audible Althouse #33 is ready at last. (You can stream it here right on your computer if you want.) Recorded in the dining room. I talk about photographs and yellow. I'm influenced by these flowers:

Yellow flowers

Yellow flowers

Yellow flowers

I consider the lyrics of "Triad," in which David Crosby made having a threesome sound like a spiritual awakening. I insult Crosby, Stills & Nash -- and The Eagles. Speaking of birds, I have a lot to say about Ziggy the Parrot and how we are suckers for cute animal stories.

A mere 29 minutes.

MORE: Here's the Flickr group I was trying to think of. It's "Orange is a Colour that is Safe and Alive." And here's the old post I talked about, "Songs transformed with the sex of the singer."

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely photos, Ann.

BTW what kind of camera do you use? I'm going to get a digital but know nothing about pixels and zooms.

Ann Althouse said...

If you click on the pictures you can see which camera. For these, I used the Nikon D50. Sometimes I use a smaller Sony camera (which I carry everywhere).

Ruth Anne Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth Anne Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
knox said...

I believe it. When I quit smoking I was worthless for about a week---no concentration, no memory.

knox said...

"Nothing Compares 2 U" was a pretty big switcheroo from Prince to Sinead.

Joan said...

Alstromeria are my favorite flower. I agree with PatCa -- these are particularly lovely photos, Ann.

Palladian said...

Smoked things! Cool. Being that I'm currently studying perfumery, I'm curious what (if any) perfumes you like or wear, Ann. Since you like bold smoky things, might I suggest Bandit, a beautiful and uncompromising perfume from the forties, created by one of the first great female perfumers, Germaine Cellier. You can read some information about her here, I linked to that first picture because it's so cool and that smirk speaks volumes about the character of her work.

You also might like Chanel's classic Cuir De Russie, a more beautiful smoky leather perfume there isn't!

Ann Althouse said...

Ruth Anne: "One of your links takes the listener to AA #32 and not #33 as promised."

?? I'm not seeing that.

Palladian: Thanks for the perfume advice. I'll look into that. I've been wearing YSL Paris for a long time.

Ruth Anne Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Althouse said...

Ruth Anne: Hmmm.... I'm just going to assume it's one of those cache things again... whatever the hell that means.