January 27, 2006

The return of Eggagog.

I'm feeling uninspired this morning. Maybe I shouldn't have used up my Winfrey/lose Frey and Kerry phoning in material yesterday. How would I know today would be the day when nothing jumped off the page/screen and said Bloggable!? Ah, yeah, well this sort of interested me. (Via Adorablog.) I mean, can you do that? Some days, you just have to wonder, will Eggagog ever come back? He hadn't posted since September 28, that "WHAT ABOUT THE SPIDER-PLANTS?" post that has accumulated over 500 comments in its thread, which went through a sad story arc, from the usual dialogue with Eggagog, to where is Eggagog, to that sad long death train of spam comments that awaits all of us bloggers-with-comments some day, when we have posted our last post. But, lo, Eggagog has returned. Surely, there is hope for mankind.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ah, well, here's something to look at. bagborroworsteal.com

Netflix for purses! What will they think of next?

Possibly this is only interesting to me. If so, I apologize in advance.

Ann Althouse said...

Those handbags are so ugly I assumed they were selling them for $20! Good idea though, for people who are out of their minds enough to contemplate spending thousands on those horrors.

Jennifer said...

Heh heh heh. I hear you. That way when someone says, oh god, is that YOUR purse? They can quickly return it and get another one. :)

reader_iam said...

I know what you mean, Ann. It's one of those winter Fridays. I already had Mozart planned, but beyond that, I would sort of rather fly to Key West and imbibe boat drinks by the ocean and read some really, really, really trivial magazine, or something. Or collect shells.

NYC would be OK, too, though not so warm.

[End OT]

reader_iam said...

Notice I did NOT say I wanted to go anywhere with penguins.

Ahem.

(You know, as a good boy mommy, I really should bookmark that and show it to my son. He's going through "that stage." Having raised sons, I'm just sure you know what I mean.)

Steve Donohue said...

Apparantly the spambots haven't even waited for "Althouse" to enter the great internet in the sky before they start defiling your comments.

Or maybe the previous comment is just a commentary on how "dead" today's news really is.

But hey, it's Mozart's 250th birthday. Listen to his horn concerti. They're resplendent.

Ann Althouse said...

CB: LOL. I almost deleted you. Which blog mesmerized you, Eggagog or the penguin one? I love them both, but Eggagog has been a longtime favorite. I'm so glad he's back.

Ruth Anne Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Althouse said...

Ruth Anne: I know. I said I was going to stop and then I didn't. Defense: I only said I was going to hold the stories up to a higher standards, but that thing the penguin is doing is not a story.... except according to an incredibly low standard of defining "story."