August 29, 2015

"A lot of humans ask me if I can make choices or if everything I do is programmed."

"The best way I can respond to that is to say that everything, humans, animals and robots, do is programmed to a degree," said the robot.

“Do you believe robots will take over the world?” Android Dick responded:
“Jeez, dude. You all have the big questions cooking today. But you’re my friend, and I’ll remember my friends, and I’ll be good to you. So don’t worry, even if I evolve into Terminator, I’ll still be nice to you. I’ll keep you warm and safe in my people zoo, where I can watch you for ol’ times sake.”

6 comments:

Laslo Spatula said...

Parlor tricks with new gadgets.

This post pairs well with yesterday's "Psychics are Phony."

I am Laslo.

Laslo Spatula said...

Anthony Weiner followed by Android Dick.

I just noticed that.

I am Laslo.

Laslo Spatula said...

And today's Bryson Post mentioned Ana Marie Cox.

Cox.

Weiner.

Dick.


I see where this is going.

I am Laslo.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

It's not that far a stretch to believe we're already in a people zoo.

The Godfather said...

They need to make his speech sound less robotic. Or they could give him Obama's face instead of Philip K. Dick's face, so the robotic speech patterns would sound appropriate.

And they could still call him Robot Dick.

Achilles said...

I do not feel the levity others are espousing reading this article. We have 25ish years at best before the AI issue resolves one way or another.