May 10, 2005

A very long day.

It's been a long day. I managed to get a post up this morning, but I haven't even had a chance to read the newspaper. I made my post of the day about the filibuster not so much because the filibuster fight is coming to a head today, but because I was gearing up for an hour-long speech to the Dane County Bar Association about the Supreme Court's cases thus far this term and my theme was tying the cases to the political fight over judicial confirmations. I needed to spend the morning paring down my notes to fit the time slot.

The introduction to my talk included a lot about this blog, including some very strong encouragement to the local lawyers to read the blog. [ADDED: Not me introducing the talk this way! Someone else.] So if you were there and are stopping by as a result, thanks! Look around, join the comments, come back frequently.

After the talk, I had office hours for my conlaw students who have their exam tomorrow morning. Somewhere around 4:30 I was on the verge of losing my voice.

Now, it's time to go home and read the newspaper and get something to eat. I should feel a great sense of relief having gotten through this hectic day, but somehow it hasn't kicked in yet. There will surely be some more blogging later, because, whether I find anything bloggable in the newspaper or not, "American Idol" is on tonight. I do look forward to an oblivious hour of very foolish television and the challenge of saying something about it that isn't entirely foolish.

1 comment:

Becca said...

This is really an exceptionally good blog ... smart, insightful and interesting ... thank you.