June 13, 2005

A hectic Monday.

My summer Conlaw class begins today at 10:15. We've got five weeks to cover everything, so it will be very intense, but also, because it's summer and because the class will be small, it should be more relaxed than usual. Another thing about today is that it's the deadline to turn in the grades from the Spring semester, and I've got to make a final sprint to the finish line there. I must finish by 3:30 today as I've made an appointment to have my toenails painted. On top of all of that, I'm doing another one of those guest-blogging stints, this time over at MSNBC, and I haven't put anything up yet.

3 comments:

Ann Althouse said...

Some profs do it. It's not a ridiculous idea. I'm not going to though, for various reasons.

Unknown said...

A friend of mine is taking con law in summer school, her first semester of law school. She's wilting...

Bruce Hayden said...

Hard to believe that you can get through it in that short of a time. Good luck, and esp. good luck to that friend of patca who is starting law school with that.

I got lucky/unlucky with Con law. I took it second year, and there wasn't a lot of "hide the ball" that is so prevalent, esp. your first year. Most seem to have to take it 1st year, and that, I think, would be hard.

Bad enough with the other oldies but goodies, contracts, torts, property.

Oh, and this was the prof who made some of the feminists take the state side of Roe v. Wade. They grieved him, but as usual, at least at my school, they couldn's show harm, and no harm, no foul. (What was the harm, when the lead complainant had the high grade in the class?) I liked this theory of his a lot - you should be able to argue your opponent's case. If you can't, then you won't ever be able to properly prepare a case, because you won't be able to properly anticipate your opponent.