August 10, 2006

Cher, Madonna, Pam Grier, Marilyn, the Hepburns...

Didn't you love the fashion icons challenge on last night's "Project Runway"?

[Spoiler alert.}

Really, how did Bradley survive as long as he did. Here's how EW puts it:
Bye-bye, Bradley. You're going home. Home to whatever spacey-woodsprite-tree-hollow-magic-mushroomland you came from. Home to a safe place where nobody has ever heard of Cher and everybody thinks it's perfectly okay to dress her in a top made out of Reynolds Wrap and pants that were so intent on beginning their very own vagina monologue that even the model called cameltoe on you. Home to where you can have the nap that you look like you've been wanting really badly.
And don't miss Project Rungay (the blog).

5 comments:

knox said...

I will miss Bradley. His little interviews were great.

I'm glad Michael won, he deserved it--he didn't like the results of his first effort, started over and did Pam Grier justice!

Ann Althouse said...

I think Kayne did more, and I didn't like the way they over-cued us that Michael was going to win. He called his mom, etc. I'll bet his ouster is in the offing. I just feel it in the editing.

Beth said...

It strikes me that to not have heard of Cher is, for a would-be designer, not to have heard of Bob Mackie, either. When given these icons to update, I wonder how many of these contestants connected Jacki O with Cassini, or Hepburn with Givenchy, and so on?

Irene Done said...

70s-TV-Cher is Bob Mackie but in general, I struggle with calling Cher and especially Farah fashion icons. They're beautiful women but do they have a signature fashion look? Wasn't Farah's look all hair- or swimsuit-related? For Audrey Hepburn, I get an instant image of a particular style of dress but not so much for Cher, Farah or maybe even post-Supremes Diana Ross. I thought Kayne's was the strongest because it was a true update.

And was that a kinder, gentler Michael Kors we saw?

price said...

Laura's Katharine Hepburn was pretty incredible too. Laura, Michael and Kayne are pretty much the frontrunners, but I'm pulling for Allison because she's made of magic.