April 22, 2008

"A theater director... attempts to create a life-size replica of New York inside a warehouse as part of his new play."

A life-size replica? Not a scale model? I was wondering what the screenwriter Charlie Kaufman was up to. It seems as though he's been out of the public eye for an awfully long time. ("Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" was made in 2004.) So I looked him up on IMDB, and I know he's weird enough that maybe he is making a movie about about a theater director who's trying to build a life-size replica of New York inside a warehouse. But who the hell built that humongous warehouse?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made me think of a Steven Wright line: "I have a life-size map of the United States...one inch equals one inch. I have a hard time folding it."

Tibore said...

Hehe... the funny thing is, the version I heard - which admittedly was incorrect :( - ended "... and I keep it in a warehouse in Arizona."

rhhardin said...

It's theater verite, a life-sized warehouse representing a life-sized warehouse.

Trooper York said...

You know now that Elliot Spitzer has a lot of time on his hands he is creating a life sized whorehouse in his back yard.

Mitch H. said...

Some things make better one-liners than they do films. The synopsis of the story sounds jaw-achingly awful, like the distilled essence of twenty near-identical novels by Phillip Roth, Saul Bellow, or John Updike.