March 9, 2009

Squid ink bubbles?

I was with you up to the squid ink bubbles. Then I was kind of grossed out. Nice to see Boston again though, via photographs. I'm here in Madison, Wisconsin, eating Milk & Honey Granola. It's quite delicious. Chez Althouse, where we love Milk & Honey Granola, "It's quite delicious" is an oft-invoked allusion to a favorite movie...
Hunh. Well, uh. What is the, uh, "vromborova polevka"?

It's a potato soup. It's quite delicious.

Oh, well, that's great! I'll have that.
Vromborova polevka... that looks like something my linkee could easily translate without asking the waiter.

Anyway, as I often say, I'm here in Madison, Wisconsin. But spring break looms, and I will break out of Madison before long. Where am I going? You'll have to wait for the photographs, and I will let you guess. But it won't be Boston, and it won't be the Sahara Desert, and it won't be a forest in Poland, and it won't be India or Scotland or Montauk, Long Island. And there won't be any squid ink bubbles, I don't think.

12 comments:

MadisonMan said...

Where am I going?

I'm sure it will be someplace quite delicious.

chickelit said...

Where am I going?

You'll be going someplace warm because it's a tradition, and you've already hinted so.

kjbe said...

Please write and post pictures...

My only link to spring break, these days, is through my daughter. Unfortunately, for me, I found out yesterday that her ride home for break fell through. I'm bummed.

Ann Althouse said...

Good memory, chicklit, but things have changed radically around here since January 23. Since February 13th, really. And, also, my nephew isn't playing in that PGA tournament, which was the basis for that idea for a trip.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps a trip to Europe? To gaze upon artistic wonders before the end of the world as we know it.

Wince said...

About an inch of snow fell early this morning and it dropped back down to just above freezing in Boston.

BJM said...

One of the best lunchs ever was in Venice on a blustery late February day eating calamari hot off a charcoal grill at the Rialto market. Followed by castraure, very young baby artichokes, served raw with thin slices of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil, and bowls of squid ink pasta in one of the tiny working class lunch barco near the bridge.

But I'm guessin' it ain't Venice Italy either.

chickelit said...

@annalthouse: Thanks for the update. Any thoughts about the summer road trip yet?

Anonymous said...

There's another Friday the 13th this month. Perhaps lightning will strike twice.

My guess: You're eloping.

paul a'barge said...

Austin, TX

and you're going to make those of us joining you at a meet-up pay for dinner.

Which we will be happy to do if it's a Hoovers.

He has a new Bock Chicken I hear.

BJM said...

Helen@2:55 My guess: You're eloping.

Whoa! I didn't see that one coming! Althouse? Anyone? Bueller?

chickelit said...

HelenParr said:
My guess: You're eloping.

Wouldn't it be nice?